The Workouts & Bankruptcy Workshop is a three-day overview of the workouts and bankruptcy process. This program focuses on what’s important in documents in downside scenarios and helps take the mystery out of bankruptcy buzz words.
What will you learn?
- How to utilize your lawyers effectively and efficiently in workouts and restructurings
- Financing opportunities in bankruptcy/debtor-in-possession financing
- Understanding bankruptcy buzz words including cram up, cram down, adequate protection and DIP financing
- How to tell what’s important in your documents
- Critical aspects of loan documents in a downside scenario
“[the workshop gave me] Better general understanding of the workouts and bankruptcy process, and a secured lender's position in them.” – Edgar Lara, Wells Fargo Foothill
Check back soon for 2013 program dates!
Program Level: Intermediate/Advanced
Who should attend?
Workout specialists, account managers, loan officers, new business staff, credit officers and others with a minimum of two years of asset-based lending experience.
Continuing Education Credits available.
Overview of Workout & Bankruptcy Process
- Introduction of Basic Concepts
- Understanding the Legal Framework
- Assembling the Workout team
- Identifying default & issuing notice
- Forbearance Agreements
- Debt Restructuring Agreements
- Dealing with Dissident Creditors
- Protecting the Consensual Workout from Bankruptcy
- “Required” Bankruptcy
Protecting & Enforcing Secured Claims in Bankruptcy
- Basic Legal Concepts
- Preserving and Enforcing Secured Claims
- Trustees, Examiners & Conversions
Asset Sales in Bankruptcy
- Sales Under UCC Article 9
- Sales Under Bankruptcy Code
Financing in Chapter 11 Case
- Use of Cash Collateral by the Debtor-In-Possession
- Secured DIP Financing : Take-Outs, Roll-Ups & Hybrids
- Financing the Non-Debtor Buyer
- Exit Financing
The Plan of Reorganization
- Plan Basics
- Competing Interests that Drive the Plan Process
- Plan Creation
- Negotiation Strategies
- Plan Confirmation
- Summary & General Questions