- The extent of fraud in today’s environment
- Perpetrator profiles
- Definitions of Fraud
Overview of Fraud Cases
- These frauds will be used throughout the program to reinforce education materials and best practices presented during the three days.
President or Group Head
- Focuses on the ultimate leader’s role in preventing fraud. Topics such as organizational structure, corporate culture, control environment, corporate governance, business ethics, accountability, training goals and objectives and “tone at the top” will be covered.
Business Development Officer
- New Business philosophies
- Front end lending risks
- Motivations and Behaviors
Credit Officer, Credit Administration
- Corporate Objectives vs Credit Standards
- Influence of credit standards over behavior of the other positions including asset recovery activities.
- Prevention of fraud through objective analysis of loan requests
- Interaction with credit officers, new business officers, appraisers and field examiners
- Critical importance of Monitoring
- Use of technology and interactions with other positions
- Warning signs/Red flags
Relationship Manager, Account Management
- Frequency of reporting (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Special procedures in response to warning signs that may be present.
- Role in Fraud Detection
- Where does this position end and field examiner begin? Where do they overlap?
- Frequency, extent, scope to detect fraud
- When to expand procedures beyond standard in response to indicators of fraud
- Challenges faced in completing exams in a timely manner when borrower is not cooperative.