Many Account Executives learn about factoring from colleagues. This workshop is an ideal opportunity to build on those skills. If you are new to the business, you will benefit from a systematic review of the key elements of credit and risk management
This workshop will give you a thorough overview of the key principles of credit assessment starting with analyzing a new client opportunity, and how to manage the risk for long-term success.
Key areas of credit include:
· Documenting the collateral
· Security interests, collectability and verification
· The concentration of risk in the debtor’s business, and how to evaluate the risk
· Managing accounts receivable
· Practical aspects of working with clients
Key areas of managing risk include:
· Successful strategies for verifications
· When and how to notify
· Managing risk through the advance rate
· Cash management and lockboxes
Who Should Attend:
· Existing or new employees of entrepreneurial and traditional factoring companies.
· Focus will be on those in operations, account executive and credit/underwriting roles that either want or broader understanding or a comprehensive refresher in general principles.
· It will also be useful for staff members in specialist (accounting, branding etc.) or new business roles that want a broader understanding.
Program Level: Intermediate
Tuesday, April 30, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. EST
Wednesday, May 1, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. EST
Thursday, May 2, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. EST
Stewart Chesters, COO, Republic Business Credit, LLC
Genevieve Merritt-Parikh, COO, Allied Affiliated Funding, LP
Career Services: $258
Career Services with Textbook: $285
Member with Textbook: $520
Non-Member with Textbook: $620
As a special offer, you may purchase the industry textbook, Asset-Based Finance - Proven Disciplines For Prudent Lending at the discounted price of $25 (regularly $49.95) for CFA members, and $50 (regularly $79.95) for non-members, if you do so with your registration.
The Commercial Finance Association reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment.
Refund/Cancellation policy: All cancellations must be received in writing and are subject to a 20% processing fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations received within 72 hours of schedule start of the program.