The CFA Mission
The objectives of the Association are to provide through discussion and publication:
- a forum for the consideration of inter- and intra-industry ideas and opportunities.
- to make available current information on legislation and court decisions relating to asset-based financial services.
- to improve legal and operational procedures employed by the industry.
- to furnish to the general public information on the function and significance of the industry in the credit structure of the country.
- to encourage the Associations Members and their personnel in the performance of their social and community responsibilities.
- and to promote through education the sound development of asset-based financial services.
“The CFA has a unique approach to its members and is true to its mission…which in turn provides its members key access to ‘qualified’ lenders and service providers in the market.”
Director of Business Development
Franklin Capital Corp.
The Commercial Finance Association (CFA), is the international trade association dedicated to the asset-based lending and factoring industries.
Founded in 1944, the CFA has nearly 300 member companies and 16 chapters located throughout the United States, Mexico and Canada. CFA members include a diverse collection of lending institutions that range from international banks to independent entrepreneurial finance companies. CFA membership is by organization, not by individual. All employees of a member company can take advantage of CFA membership benefits.
Membership is comprised of:
- 24% - Banks
- 76% - Non-Bank Financial Institutions
Members include the asset-based lending arms of domestic and foreign commercial banks, small and large independent finance companies, floor plan financing organizations, factoring organizations and financing subsidiaries of major industrial corporations. CFA members pride themselves on bringing quality content, valuable contacts and industry expertise to the asset-based financial services and factoring industries.
CFA offers several publications, including The Secured Lender, a bi-monthly magazine devoted exclusively to the asset-based financial services industry. TSL Express email news bulletin, which is sent out three times per week, features links to breaking industry news, deals and personnel announcements. Additionally, CFA's website www.cfa.com contains industry information for both our members and industry service providers, as well as those seeking financing.
CFA conducts conventions, meetings and educational events throughout the year including but not limited to the Annual Convention, Asset-Based Capital Conference and Entrepreneurial Finance & Factoring Conference.
For more information or to request an interview please contact Brian Cove, Chief Operating Officer at (212) 792-9392 or email Brian.