$99.00 - How to Control Litigation Costs when Defending a Preference Action by the Trustee - Non-Member Rate
$50.00 - How to Control Litigation Costs when Defending a Preference Action by the Trustee - Member Rate
Originally Aired November 3, 2011. In these tough times, you need every weapon in your arsenal when defending against a trustee’s preference action. The webinar will discuss meaningful strategies to reduce your exposure to preference lawsuits. Attendees will learn what they can do internally to anticipate and prepare the paperwork necessary to defeat these claims and reduce your outside counsel expenses. Recent decisions will be discussed to show the attendees how the federal judges and trustees analyze these cases; and what works and doesn’t work when negotiating these claims. New strategies will be discussed to resolve these claims expeditiously. Finally, advice on how to select counsel to defend these claims and manage litigation expenses will be addressed.
Attendees will learn:
· How the circuit courts judges, the trustee, and the trustee’s law firm analyze preference actions;
- What works and doesn’t work when negotiating these claims;
· Over looked litigation tools at your disposal to place the trustee on the defensive
· Practices to implement internally to anticipate and prepare the paperwork necessary to defeat these claims at a fraction of the expense through pre-litigation planning;
· Strategies as to a law firm’s selection, retention & management;
· How late payments can still be in the ordinary course of business;
· How to apply efficient negotiating strategies regularly used by contingency attorneys for hourly matters.
Jay Winston, President, Winston & Winston P.C.