$99.00 - Leveraging the Canadian Market Place – What a US Finance Company Needs to Know About Doing Canadian Deals - Non-Member rate
$50.00 - Leveraging the Canadian Market Place – What a US Finance Company Needs to Know About Doing Canadian Deals - Member rate
Originally aired November 29, 2011. This one hour presentation will help US finance professionals quickly gain an understanding of the most critical issues faced when financing (i) Canadian debtors, (ii) US debtors with Canadian subsidiaries, or (iii) US debtors with collateral situated in Canada. This webinar will be useful for asset based lenders, factors, and lessors. Topics will include business considerations relating to entering the Canadian market, an overview of the Canadian legal and regulatory environment, taking security in Canada, basic tax issues relevant to cross-border transactions, and key documentation changes that US finance professionals need to consider.
This webinar is a “must attend” for US finance companies that are considering entering in the Canadian market or have customers who do business, in whole or in part, in Canada.
Attendees will learn:
· What is the geo-political landscape in Canada?
· What are the key regulatory considerations involved in doing cross-border transactions?
· What are the key tax considerations involved in doing cross-border transactions?
· How do priority payables work in Canada?
· How to change US finance documentation for use in Canada?
· How does the Canadian legal system differ from the US legal system?
Jason Arbuck, Partner, Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Jonathan Fleisher, Partner, Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP